Monday, June 6, 2011

Ah, the bonhomie of cyclists!

Gorgeous weather leads to longer rides. I spent nearly 90 minutes doing 29.1 kms yesterday morning, and would have committed to another hour or two if I knew there was someone else at home to receive daughter #1 from her overnighter. My distance total is probably just over 30 kms, actually: as I neared my turn-off I spotted another cyclist approaching and decided to bike further, just so I could greet the person. As we passed, I gave him a cheery, "Good morning!" He stared back at me and just kept going. I don't know if he was listening to an iPod or just deep in his own thoughts, but either way the guy's a knob.

There's no such thing as "the loneliness of long-distance cycling," so far as I'm concerned. The geography is too engaging, especially in this part of the world.

No comments: